Sunday, July 6, 2008

All together now...

Our little Austin clan is back together again. This morning after church I headed over to Menomonie to meet my brother in a parking lot to exchange the goods. I shouldn't really say exchange since he gave me Carter and got nothing in return. I was more than OK with the deal!

On the way back, we stopped in Eau Claire to shop at Scheel's (a major sports store). I wanted to find a Celtics NBA championship T-shirt for hubby and some new biking shorts for myself. After finding those, we perused the clearance racks and found some Vikings items (for the record, there were Packers items on clearance, too, so no comments about the value of my team, please). Carter found two Adrian "All Day" Peterson T-shirts. He couldn't decide between the two so he somehow convinced me to buy both as a "welcome back home present." Ahh, things are back to normal again!

Didn't do much the rest of the day. Unpacking, post-Up North vacation laundry, then some project to go through Carter's shirts and see which ones he's outgrown. Why the urgency to do this his first day back? When he first stepped out of my brother's car and hugged me, I said he looked like he grew an inch taller while he was gone. So at this rate, he figures he'll be outgrowing some clothes by the time school starts.

Yep, it's good to be all together now .. With all this logic back in the house.

No comments: