Saturday, July 5, 2008

You Are My Sunshine...

What a beautiful, sunny day today. Anyone who was camping or doing any outdoor activities for the long holiday weekend was spoiled this year.

This afternoon we had a 50th wedding anniversary party to go to on the river, well next to the river. The gentleman in the couple was Jim's former boss when they both worked in sports at the newspaper. Wonderful, wonderful guy.

Nice day to be sitting on the banks of the Wisconsin River and talking old times. I got to go on a pontoon ride, too. That was fun. Even though there were no kids at this party, I kept thinking how Carter would have enjoyed the boat ride, etc.

I sure miss that boy. We both do! I realized today that I am going to have one heckuva time when he goes away to college. Unless he really he ticks me off in his teenage years!

Anyway, I am meeting my brother Ron somewhere about halfway between us on Sunday so I can get my baby back. I look forward to one of his back-crackin' hugs and just looking at him ... and just listening as he tells me story after story on our way back home. I miss my sunshine!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Remember when Carter first drove our pontoon? I still remember the excitement on his face, he wanted to drive all the time then. Glad you had a good week, you all deserve it!