Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Grounded

Well I think my feet are grounded again after floating on my "Ponch high" for a few days. I know, I need to get a life, right? Trust me, a busy day at work, thrown in with a few of life's challenges pretty much can put me back to normal at warp speed (oh no, I must refrain from those Trekkie phrases).

While I certainly enjoyed being back at work and showing off my autographed photo (plus the blog), it was a crazy day after being out of the office since Thursday. Plus, hubby is dealing with a bit of a shake-up in his department so we're not sure what the future holds in store there. Uncertainty is certainly a bit scary, but who knows, it could mean something good down the road, too.

On the home front, we had the van in the shop again -- just a month after it was in the last time. The expensive "tune-up" has prompted us to think about vehicle shopping, even casually, just to be prepared. It sure has been nice not having a car payment for a few years!

When we got home and got the mail, we got the news our dear middle son did not do well in summer school. Well, let's not sugar coat it. He flunked both classes. I can't even express in words our frustration and disappointment. He is supposed to come live with us again in a few short weeks for the next school year. Judging by his effort (or lack of it) this summer, I see this is going to be even more challenging than his stay at the end of last school year. Yes, we're up for it. Yes, we want to help, more than we can say. The question is, will he let us? Lord, help us.

So, when I think how silly I've been about meeting an aging, former TV star, I'm not embarrassed a bit. We all need silly, snuggly moments now and then to ease our tension and create a memory that will bring a smile to our lips as needed. It's therapeutic actually. Thanks, Dr. Estrada!

No comments: