Saturday, July 19, 2008

Project Procrastination

Hubby made it home safely from his trip yesterday. So today he got to run around doing the errands I meant to get to while he was gone, but didn't find the time -- like run to the bank, get oil changed and drop off recycling.

I honestly wasn't trying not to do it. The week just got away from me. What I did tackle this morning is one project I have meant to get to all summer: Weeding the rock garden and trimming the thorny crap growing around the front deck.

I think I've said it before. I have a black thumb. No interest in maintaining a garden or landscaping. I like how it looks, but find no enjoyment in getting it there. So I let things go. Until really, it's embarrassing and I have to do something about it.

Despite my aching back and the bloody scratches on my legs, I'm glad I got it done. Yes, I know summer is in its final trimester. But better late than never. As for the other areas woefully needing the attention of a green thumb, I don't know when I'll get to those. Maybe tomorrow.

But tomorrow never comes, does it?

No comments: