Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lakeside Lounging

Carter and I are pretty tired tonight after a day outdoors. We spent the afternoon and evening with some friends at their cottage on a lake about 45 miles northeast of here.

The weather wasn't anything like the hot, sticky stuff we had yesterday. Instead it was very windy (beyond breezy) and cool by mid-summer standards (70s). I actually had a sweatshirt on most of the day but after the sunburn I got the last two days at the car show, I didn't mind.

For inside entertainment, we learned a new dice game I'll have to teach my family. For outside fun, we played Ladder Ball, also called Lasso Golf and Bongo Ball (depending on the manufacturer). We had a bit of a tournament going on. My friend Becky and I were the Red Hot Mamas. We beat the boys (I should say defeated) -- Carter and her son Nickolaus, then went down in a rubber match with the "big" boys -- her husband her dad. Bummer. Not that I care. I'm not competitive or anything!

The little boys didn't mind the wind. They actually went swimming three times and had some major fun on an inflatable teeter-totter. Hilarious to watch them try to do that. I should have brought the video camera! Oh well. I am sure there'll be a next time.

Talked to hubby tonight and he didn't solve any mysteries today out East but may have a lead on something for tomorrow. So he's tucked in for the night and I will be doing the same shortly. As we say in the Midwest when it dips into the 50s in the summertime, it's good sleeping weather. And I intend to take advantage of it!

No comments: