Friday, June 13, 2008

Frivolous Friday Facts

Kidz Camp: It's the end of the first week of Kidz Camp and Carter is so, so excited to be back! He's happy to see his old buddies and make some new friends, too. He's already asking to leave our house earlier in the morning (we leave at 6:45 a.m. the way it is) so he can get there earlier and not miss out on anything!

As I mentioned, it's at the fitness and aquatic center in Iola. So if I go work out over my lunch hour, I sometimes will see him. Yesterday, as we were walking out, my friend and I spotted him throwing a football around. He was hard to miss. He was sporting a very, very bright pink hat and wearing high-tops that were at least 4 sizes too big. I was like, "What the ?" and my friend wisely said, "Just keep on walking." I think we need to re-visit this "who's embarrassing who" business again!

Celtic Pride
: My hubby came to bed last night a very happy man. Now before you get your mind in the gutter, I can't take credit. There are other things that make a man happy besides his wife. Like sports! The Celtics had an amazing comeback to beat the Lakers in Game 4 of the NBA Finals! A lifelong Celtics fan, Jim was thrilled. Now Boston is up 3-1 in the series.

So now he's got his Father's Day plans all laid out. Watch the finals of the U.S. Open Sunday afternoon and then watch the Celtics capture the championship Sunday night. At least he'll be doing one of the things he likes!

No comments: