Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welcome to Wal*Mart

Apparently I need to expand my shopping horizons beyond the famous discount supercenter down the road. Now granted, there are weeks when I can go for days without passing through the blue arch, but some weeks (like this past one), I find myself there every other day because I have to be ... not like I'm hanging out waiting for them to roll back prices before my eyes.

My son Carter does not accompany me on every trip. Usually he's along for the ride if he thinks there's a likelihood I'll buy him something not on the list -- or if he needs his "cart corralling" fix. He's a bit on the anal retentive side (no comments about where he gets that from) and likes to capture stray carts in the parking lot. He's performing a nice public service while absorbing thousands of unneeded germs on his hands. Nice.

There are times, though, when he'll just sit in the car while Mom "just gets 5 quick things." (ha) I didn't realize he actually liked the store -- or thought about it even -- until this week.

When we picked him up from Kidz Camp, he mentioned they had done a craft project where they got to paint a fabric bag that they will get to use to haul their swimming stuff back and forth each day. He says, "Guess what I painted on mine?" So I go through his favorite things. Everything from Pink Floyd to Ken Griffey Jr. to the Vikings. No, no, no.

Then he shows me. See below. Yeah, Jeff Foxworthy would be proud.

No comments: