Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rain on My Parade

It felt so good to get a solid night's sleep ... until I woke up this morning and realized I slept through something. Poor Daddy got sick from Carter and apparently was up every other hour during the night and in the bathroom while I was off gallivanting with the Sand Man.

I am totally prepared that this "bug" will get passed onto me, so I did my best to get out and about today and get some things done. Carter, who is finally feeling better and able to eat something, decided it was OK to give the pancake breakfast a try. The Grand Rapids firefighters were making them and serving them over at the Lions Park. The two of us ate our fill and really did feel guilty Daddy couldn't join us.

Around noon we (just the two of us) headed into town for the Cranberry Fest parade. We parked our chairs near some friends. A good call -- especially when it started raining. We jammed into a garage while it poured pretty solid for only about 5 minutes. We were back in our wet, dripping chairs for the start of the parade.

Our eyes kept glancing to the west to see what dark clouds would spring up again. Sure enough, it drizzled again for about 5 or 10 minutes. But we stayed in our seats. Carter didn't want to miss out on any candy!

I can tell you it was probably the fastest parade we've been to. They kept all the units close together and there weren't many pauses in the action. I think they wanted to get through it before the skies opened up again... which they did after the parade (thankfully) and several times in the afternoon.

Carter and I got some shopping done for my upcoming birthday party. Notice how I've been quieter and quieter about it now that it is almost here?

Tonight I managed to get a quick 2-mile walk in case it starts raining again. I just kept watching the cloud and booking it!

Jim is still pretty much couch-bound. But I think we're all hitting the sack soon in case one of us has a long night! We'll try to keep it in the family so no one else has to suffer. Be well!

No comments: