Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bear with Me

Wouldn't it be great to be a bear? No one would dream of messing with us when we're cranky. We'd never have to diet again. We wouldn't have to shave our legs. And, most importantly, we could hibernate through the cold and snowy winters!

Of course, there are some drawbacks to hibernation. I'd miss out on Christmas music and movies and, of course, eggnog shakes. I'm not quite ready to give that up -- despite the lure of a long, winter's nap in all this darkness.

Carter is considering trading places with a much smaller animal. This morning, when he called me for his daily morning report, he mentioned our kitty was lounging in front of the window, looking out into the backyard. "I wonder what's she's thinking," he said. I said that would be interesting to know, and he said, "I'd love to trade places with Sylvester for one day. Then I could lay around, play some video games..."

"Video games?" I said. "Cats can't play video games!"

"Oh yeah," he said. "That's right. They don't have thumbs."

Then I heard him whisper to Sylvester, "That's OK. We still love you even if you don't have thumbs!"

Who wouldn't want to be a cat when you get lovin' like that? For that matter, I'll stick with being a mom. I get the lovin' and the eggnog shakes. Can't beat that!

No comments: