Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Travel

The shopping is done, new washing machine is ordered, so Carter and I are hitting the road in a few minutes to head Up North. Yes, we are leaving the Couch Potato behind, but only because he is recovering so nicely. I have the house stocked with everything he needs -- from leftovers to magazines and movies -- so he'll be fine.

Every year, for quite a few now, my family has gotten together for an annual cookie bake on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I guess we call it more of an "exchange" now because many of us bake our goodies ahead of time so we can spend the day playing games and enjoying each other's company. This year, we've added a few nieces and honorary nieces (nephews' girlfriends) so we are growing! Should be fun.

My twin sister Raylene is hosting so Carter and I will stay at her place the next two nights. We're leaving now so we can get there by 6 and still take in a movie tonight, Four Christmases. That's our plan anyway. These days we just take what comes and just hope for a safe trip!

No comments: