Tuesday, November 25, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Surgery...

Carter is calling this Knee Surgery Eve. I don't think we need to be that dramatic but this is likely the only time (I hope!) that I can type the following: "As I type this, hubby is shaving his legs -- make that, leg..."

OK, now that that's written, there isn't much more to say about the surgery prep. Jim had off yesterday and today so he could get his meds ahead of time, along with a pair of crutches. They are using a scope -- not cutting him wide open -- so he should be in and out of the hospital in 4 to 8 hours (can you tell I was reading up on this?).

My plan is to stay at the hospital in case I am needed. Very unlikely but I want to be close by. I know I should be home cleaning the house for our Thursday guests. I should be calling the washing machine repairman (if there is one) since that just stopped working tonight. On the way into town at 5:45 a.m., we will be dropping the car off at the garage...

Yes, I know. We do have so much to be grateful for. I'm just not seeing it right this minute. I keep blinking and all I see are dollar signs. Yikes.

At least we have our health -- if you can count a guy who must be a couch potato for 4 days on doctor's orders!

No comments: