Sunday, November 9, 2008

Friendly Rivalry


Today was the Packer-Vikings game. We typically sit home because no one wants to watch the game with us. I can't imagine why not -- when we dress in obnoxious clothes like I have on (above) and Carter wears (below). The picture of me doesn't even show my Game Day pants -- which finally turned out to be lucky today. Oh, did I fail to mention who won today?

We went over to our friends Mike and Christine's house. They are Packers fans and their son Nate (above) dressed like one -- but later claimed he was a Vikings fan. "I just pretend I'm a Packers fan so I don't get kicked out of the house," he said.

What? Parents exercise their influence like that when it comes to sports?! Unheard of!

Anyway, I'm not going to gloat -- not really earned in our mediocre division -- but we are happy to finally beat the Packers for the first time in 6 outings. Our Purple Pride needed that boost!

No comments: