Monday, November 24, 2008

The Road Not Taken

So what does Robert Frost know anyway? He and his big talk about the "road not taken." Obviously, he's never been the first vehicle out on snow-covered roads in the early morning!

Beats me why I didn't watch the weather forecast last night -- not that that would have changed anything -- but I was surprised to wake up to snow this morning. Not a pleasant sight on day when hubby is off from work and I hate winter driving!

All roads except a short segment on the 4-lane were snow-covered and slippery. I white-knuckled my way in, going about 45 mph max and only slid past one intersection where I needed to turn. I tried to keep myself relaxed by listening to Christmas music but turned the station when I heard "White Christmas."

Robert Frost and Irving Berlin must have been knocking back too much eggnog. White roads don't do it for me. I'm not saying "Bah-Humbug." I'm just saying...

No comments: