Monday, November 10, 2008

Countdown

Part of me wishes I would have taken today off since I have the rest of the week off. Who works for one day anyway? I tell ya, I actually got more done working under the gun of having only X number of hours to get it done.

Other than a meeting that lasted an hour longer than I would have liked, I zipped through the day, somewhat focused on work but admittedly unfocused with thoughts of the coming days with my sisters. On the way home from work, hubby says, "You'll be at the airport in 36 hours!" 36 hours? I'm not ready!

I sit here 24 hours after I opened the suitcase and haven't added a thing today. I was doing laundry after work and trying to spend last-minute time with my baby, who claims he will miss me. I think he's more worried about not having me around to help with homework. "What if I have social studies? Will Dad know what to do?" Trust me, he's in good hands!

I called my parents to touch base before leaving. Seriously, I wasn't calling to gloat about the game. I didn't even think about that until I was dialing. So then I had to! My mom says, "Can I give you girls some advice?" I'm thinking: What direction is she going to go with this? She basically says, "Please don't make a ruckus on the airplane and disturb other passengers."

I had one of my roll-my-eyes "Oh, Mom!" moments and assured her that a plane ride is like church. We'd be very respectful of others. No need to remind her people do occasionally laugh in church. I think we'll hold off on the singing, though, 'til we touchdown in Texas!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Gol' dang it anyway, Mom changed her directives on us! It used to be "don't get your name in the paper." Now, it's don't disturb the other passengers! Maybe you can do both, hee-hee! Sure wish I was on that plane!