Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holi-Daze

We are in pre-surgery mode these days. Since I know hubby won't be able to do much lifting, walking, stair climbing and such after knee surgery Wednesday, we put him to work today.

After I had him haul the Christmas tree up from the basement (trust me, I can't do that on my own), he took Casey shopping in Madison. (Both of the big boys were supposed to go but Clay was sick.) We did this last year, too. Dad takes them shopping, gives them a dollar amount and doesn't comment on what they buy -- we certainly are no judge of what is "hip" these days. Then they give their stuff to me and I wrap it (because I'm one of those sick people who loves wrapping presents!) and hope they forget what they picked out until Christmas morning.

While he was gone mall walking, Carter and I decorated the tree, put up some other lights and, in preparation for next weekend's family cookie exchange, we made two kinds of cookies and our "pretzel doughnuts" (round pretzels covered with almond bark). All that plus we got to Micky D's so I could have my first eggnog shake of the season finally!

Whew! I'm exhausted. I treated myself to a holiday movie. Rented one. Lame. I should stick with the Hallmark and Lifetime channels. And I should have more time to do that and actually enjoy the season since I've got some of the big tasks out of the way. Did I mention I wrapped some presents tonight, too? I am on roll.

Of course, I've still got the big Christmas letter hanging over my head. But who has time to write?

No comments: