Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cooking Lab

While my Saturday blurred by like an Elf on Red Bull, my Sunday was much more relaxed. Church, Sunday School, grocery shopping and a Vikings victory.

I should have stopped there. But no, since I was on a roll with my holiday baking and such, I thought I'd try a new recipe. Not just a new recipe, but one I made up. Me, the Undomestic Goddess, making up recipes? What was I thinking?

Well the bad news is, a lot of the cookies fell apart when the caramel chips stuck to the pan -- just about burned into place. The good news is... who cares? We can still eat them at home! We have no standards for what food looks like as long as it's edible and can be washed down with eggnog.

And I figured out what to do differently next time to avoid the mess. So maybe, just maybe, I can break out of my undomestic role for the holidays. Well, let's not push it. I'm still cooking a turkey from a bag and "making" gravy from a jar...

No comments: