Monday, April 20, 2009

April Showers

They say April showers bring May flowers, but it appears they bring snow first! After encountering just a few sprinkles on the way in today, hubby and I were surprised to see snow once we were within 5 miles of Iola.

I figure this won't be on the ground too long so I thought I better snap a picture (albeit a blurry camera phone snapshot) now for proof!

I know the farmers especially will be happy that we have precipitation in some form -- even snow. I, however, am a bit concerned.

When I arrived at work this morning, there were three waste baskets joined together in the aisle by my desk. We've had leaky roof problems for years around this building. I just didn't know I had moved into a "fixer upper" neighborhood when I moved to my new desk. I can hear the rain hit that ceiling panel, which is darkening the wetter it gets and sagging dangerously. Yikes.

At least it will keep me awake, fully alert and on my toes today. Sometimes we need that on Mondays anyway, right?

No comments: