Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cabin Fever

Some of the weather reporters claim we tickled 70 degrees today. That would explain why everything and everyone came out of the woodwork and grabbed a bit of sunshine if they could. Me included.

It was one of those days where cabin fever hits big time and, had I been back in college, we would have been cutting afternoon classes to lay out in the sun and perhaps sip a cold one (or two). Instead I was sitting at my desk with the urge to play hooky -- but I knew my golf clubs were still in the corner in the basement some 45 miles away. That does me no good. So I gave it an honest 8 and will plan ahead better next time.

Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer! But I do know I have too much work to do so I know I won't be ducking out too early.

Everyone (just about) was looking forward to The Harbor opening tonight. That's a bar and grill on the Chain of Lakes in Waupaca where a bunch of people from work go most Fridays in the summer. It's awesome to be right out on the deck to watch the sun set. They've got great chicken strips, too. Just ask Carter, who likes to accompany us there occasionally in the summer (when he commutes with us) and hang out with some of our cool work friends.

Tonight, since we drove separately today (Jim had a dentist appointment this morning), Jim is enjoying the opening and I got soccer mom duty. I didn't mind. Honest.

It was so nice out, I found myself walking laps around the school yard (and beyond) where he practices, just enjoying the sunshine and the exercise. If it had been raining, this would be a whole different story, of course. (Most likely involving a pouting female character!)

If the weather guys are right -- and this time I hope they are -- we will have nice weather for both the garage sale and soccer. Then, if we make enough money at the garage sale, we can buy a new gas grill for the next nice warm spell ... probably sometime in May.

No comments: