Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just for Kicks

We couldn't have asked for a better day for either the garage sale or Carter's first soccer game. Thank you, Mother Nature.

I was at the garage sale by 7:30 a.m. and we were plenty busy until I left at 1 p.m. I was pleased to see a lot of my things go -- but almost had to hug a few of Carter's T-shirts goodbye. I can't believe he has outgrown some of my favorites!

The soccer game started at 2 p.m. I must say his team played pretty darn well together for only having 2 practices this week. The coach started Carter out as goalie because he gets a kick out of seeing Carter "punt" it from one goal to the other. He only got a few chances to punt today, though, because his teammates were doing very well on the other end.

They ended up winning 8-1, with Carter scoring a goal in there, too. It was a good, solid kick. Awesome! Here a few pictoral highlights from the day...

Goalie Carter concentrates while grabbing the ball to prevent a goal.

One time I got nervous about his new glasses because he head-butted the ball. Glasses OK. And here Carter prepares to make a nice pass to a teammate.

Carter gets to the ball first and dribbles it toward the goal.

Carter aims and fires... and makes a goal! I obviously needed to take one more picture. But trust me, it went in!

No comments: