Sunday, April 5, 2009

Outgrown

I love when the weatherman predicts 3-5 inches of snow the first weekend of April... and he's WRONG! We expected an awful, sloppy mess today and got nothing really. That's fine with me!

Got to sleep in today and skip early church since Carter and the Sunday School were singing at the late service. That was nice (both the sleeping in and the singing for Palm Sunday).

After church, Carter and I picked up a few groceries and had to find some "grown up" clothes for him -- nice pants, a dress shirt and tie -- since he's got his first communion coming up this Thursday. We realized he's already outgrown his dress-up clothes from 2 years ago. And later realized he's outgrown just about everything.

Even though the weather was nice outside, I still put Carter on the task of finding the clothes he no longer wears -- either because they don't fit his body or his "style" -- so I could price it for the garage sale. I pretty much spent the afternoon on the chair in the livingroom, lamenting over all the cute shirts we'll never see him wear again and wondering why it is we buy him so much stuff! I have to admit, though, that a lot of his clothes come from his older brothers and cousin so it's not like we intentionally bought him 300 t-shirts sized 10-12. Honest.

While I was pricing away, hubby flipped channels between golf and the NASCAR race. I can't imagine a Sunday afternoon without sports in this house. The golf sure made me itch for summer -- or at least for spring to stay put!

After supper, since I no longer had my pre-planned excuse that it was too cold and snowy out, I went for a quick 2-mile walk. Now I have to have Carter shoo his girl friend out the door so I can cut his hair and he can get to bed early. It's back to school tomorrow! Spring break, for what it was worth this year, is over and done with. Lucky for him, though, he only has to go 4 days this week since the kids get Good Friday off, too. Kinda makes me wish clothes weren't the only thing I've outgrown since childhood!

No comments: