Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap

Lent: Now that Lent is over, Carter can go back to playing his video games. He ended up playing only 12 times in the 40 days, which wasn't so bad considering most times were when friends were over. So $3 (reflecting a quarter each time) will go into the Sunday School offering next week. I didn't keep tabs on my Lenten pledge. Basically, I tried to exercise 30 minutes or go 2 miles, whichever came first, each day. On days when I did nothing, I tried to make it up the next day, going 4 miles. That worked out a few times since the weather has been nicer. I'm guessing I should throw $3 in the offering next week, too!

Golf fever: I didn't get to watch the Masters as much as I'd hoped this weekend but it was enough to heighten my golf fever. The problem with watching the Masters and then going out to golf for the first time of the season is that you've seen so much good golf, you expect to do the same. Doesn't happen that way. I wonder if I'm the only one who got a small bit of pleasure out of seeing Tiger hit a tree. Don't get me wrong. I like Tiger, but as Hubby so aptly put it: "I can never say I golf like Tiger but now I can say Tiger golfs like me!"

Countdown: We just realized Casey's graduation party is a mere 2 months away already. Yikes! I have a list a mile long of things to get done around the house. That doesn't bode well for an undomestic goddess like me so I'm begging forgiveness in advance for my crank-ittude! It might get a little stressful (if I let it, right?).

How sweet it is: It's my own fault, but there is way too much sugar in the house right now! I brought some to work but other people brought in their leftovers, too, or items they got in their baskets they don't like (Peeps, etc.). So I can't escape it. I'm looking for some willpower if anyone's got any to spare...

Kick it up: This week will be a busy one as soccer season starts. Carter will have practice Tuesday and Thursday, with his first game Saturday already. This is where we re-learn about time management -- how to get homework done on practice nights without a fight or stress meltdown (where does he get that from?). Looking forward to seeing our little kicker in action. We may have to ban head-butts, though, if he's wearing glasses!

No comments: