Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rules are Meant to be... Followed

I decided to follow the whole "Sunday is a day of rest" rule for a change. And I liked it.

Last night I had some unexpected evening and late-night activities transpire, which got me home around midnight -- emotionally on edge and therefore, too wired to fall asleep right away.

I did not set an alarm and planned that we would not go to church and Sunday school if I didn't happen to wake up for it. Well, kitty jumped on my pillow at 8:03 a.m., loudly announcing her presence so I could not fall back to sleep.

So it started as a typical Sunday morning with me dropping Carter off at Sunday school for an hour. Only, I didn't have time to shower so I had to hide out in the car rather than grocery shop (heaven knows, you have to look your best at Wal-Mart). To pass the time, I did go fill up with gas and then stopped by the car wash to vacuum. (Found my missing sunglasses, so it's all good now). I also brought a book with to read. If it had been nice like yesterday, I could have taken a walk -- but it was chilly and in the 30s still. Yuck.

After Sunday school, we came home and I set Carter on homework while I did my normal weekend housework I wasn't around yesterday to do. We were done with our "chores" (including the undomestic goddess actually mending hubby's sweatshirt) by 1 p.m. so we treated ourselves to a movie. We watched Bedtime Stories, which we both enjoyed in the theater and did again today.

My butt really got a good groove on the couch cushion, too, so I wasn't all that motivated to move. Carter went outside and I asked him, "Is it nice enough for me to go for a walk?" He said, "No!" Good answer. I just stayed there in my warm spot and finished my book (and was definitely feeling guilt-free when I saw it start to rain).

I did manage to get off the couch to upload some pictures off the digital camera and order prints -- of everything since New Year's. I need to clean off the memory card a little more often! As long as I'm on the computer, I also have to get scanning some photos in for a top-secret graduation project. Hmm. That kind of sounds like work, though, doesn't it?

I might have to think about that one. I don't want to get caught breaking any rules!

2 comments:

Rayna Delaney said...

Good for you... resting that is! Just reading your blog and all your work and family activities is enough to make me tired.

Anonymous said...

Hi
http://www.targetednumberpicking.com/ - order levitra online

It is also required that you have to inform the health provider if you are allergic to any kind of drug or you have a heart problems and recent history of heart attack.
[url=http://www.targetednumberpicking.com/]buy vardenafil[/url]

During sexual activity, if you became dizzy, nauseated or having tingling sensation, you have to stop the sexual activity and call the health provider right away.
order levitra

It is also required that you have to inform the health provider if you are allergic to any kind of drug or you have a heart problems and recent history of heart attack.