Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cat Nap

I am envious of my husband, my son and my cat because I have rarely been able to take naps. Unless I really, really need one.

I guess I needed one today.

Thanks to a loud engine revving in the neighborhood, I was awakened earlier than planned. Knowing my alarm was going off an hour later at 7 a.m., I didn't have any luck falling back to sleep.

I was at my next-door neighbor's at 7:30. She had a garage sale yesterday and today that sort of turned into a neighborhood sale. I put items on there that were already tagged -- leftovers from our babysitter's spring sale. I really didn't feel bad that I only pulled in a little over 20 bucks because I didn't slave away pricing things all week. Really no work involved except helping with setup and "minding the store" a few hours this morning.

Around 11:30, Carter, his friend Harry (who were both up at 7 as well) and I headed over to Plover to meet Harry's mom. It was a halfway point between us. He had his first football game today so his visit was cut short.

From there, Carter and I trekked up to Shippy Shoes in Stevens Point. I've been meaning to get new running shoes and their staff work with you to get the right pair for your type of foot and the style you walk and run. I had them "observe" Carter, too. Interesting we are both flat-footed and in need of some arch support. I bought shoes for me and inserts for Carter. That way he'll get the same support no matter which sport he's in (soccer, basketball, baseball).

I wanted to try out the new shoes when I got home but our lawn has seen a growth spurt with the rains this week. So I had to take care of mowing the front yard first. (Our wonderful neighbor Mike mowed the mole-moguled back yard.) By the time I got done then took a shower, I was spent.

I told Jim, "I could take a nap." He said, "Well, why don't you?" Of course my reply was, "I can't take naps!!"

But you know, if you give it a try -- actually don't try so hard -- it works. I laid on the bed and had myself a little catnap.

While I was doing that, Jim got some groceries and made supper! I could get used to that.

I felt like I was just waking up when we went next door for a campfire tonight. I don't expect my energy burst to last long, though. It's another crisp night. My blanket is on. And that alarm is staying off. It's time to snuggle in for a much longer nap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this one - we NEVER get to take naps!!