Monday, August 3, 2009

Graze Anatomy

We celebrated a friend's 50th birthday at work today. So that meant a birthday potluck and endless grazing from dawn 'til dusk (or mid-afternoon, at least).

To my credit, I did not eat any of my Dirt Cake .... yet. (I still have a ways to go before bedtime). However, I am guilty as charged of grazing through the rest of my meals. (Who says you can't have cake, just cake, for lunch?!)

To top it off, I was finishing up a work project that had to get done today so I had Jim go get Carter from Kidz Camp after work and come back and get me. Then they still had to wait a bit. To pay for my crime, I had to treat them at Shivers. Yep, that's the Austin Laws of Crime & Punishment. At least the "law enforcement officers" allowed me to have a treat, too. Though I certainly didn't need it.

That's why when I was talking to my neighbor on the phone this evening, I needed little to no convincing to take a walk. In fact, it was such a nice night, we drove over to the lake and walked the 4+ mile path there.

It's always nice to exercise with a friend. You get the added benefit of good conversation besides the calorie burning. We had a nice breeze to accompany us, too.

It sure helped erase some of the guilt from the day. But little Miss No Willpower is wondering if she should just keep typing until bedtime. I can hear that Dirt Cake calling from the fridge, can't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.