Saturday, August 29, 2009

Making Memories

Naturally, I was snapping pictures during our micro-getaway for a page or two in our family scrapbook...

Miller Park is really a beautiful venue for baseball. It's certainly nice to have roof when you need one -- like cold, rainy August days!

They have a "kids area" so fans can pose with their favorite players. Here Carter and Nate stand tall with Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun.
They also have an area you can mimick a great centerfield catch at the wall. Just stand on the staircase, insert hand into germy glove and smile. Nice grab!

Obviously, Jim had the most to smile about on Thursday when the Reds sneaked past the Brewers for the win. I think I snapped this photo at a point in the game where Mike still smiled because he was thinking, "Yep, the Brewers can still pull off a win." Sorry, Mike. At least they won on Friday.


My happy surprise visit with my friend Carrie. I still think we look like we did in college! I know, the vision is the first thing to go...

Hard to believe that wraps up the "vacation season." Carter starts school on Tuesday and our Labor Day weekend will include two nights at the races to watch Colin wrap up at least one championship.

Can this really be the end of summer? Sure feels like it. The furnace kicked on today and now I have to go turn on my electric mattress pad to warm up the blankets. Yup, it's over alright.

Good thing we took time to make some more memories with family and friends.

And good thing we can do that in any season!

No comments: