Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In Brief

Just bits and pieces of nothing much today....

Forget Me Not: So apparently this life after 40 business means some serious memory lapses. I was informed this morning that the Tooth Fairy failed to show. Oh man. Again? This is the second time this year! Yikes. I then recalled that Carter lost his tooth on the way home from work last night. But it obviously slipped mind. I couldn't even think of a creative lie. I just said, "Well she must have forgot." We'll see if "better later than never" applies here.

No Pain, No Gain: Speaking of getting old, I am feeling twinges of pain here and there tonight. The Fitness Center is closed for cleaning and maintenance this week so I had to do my weightlifting routine using the ancient universal machine in the fitness center (loose term) at work. Those old machines do not move so smoothly. I fear parts of me that should have moved left, moved right, and vice versa. Ouch. Then a half hour ago, Carter reminded me we were going to start this six-week journey to 100 push-ups a day. Ugh. I could never make it as a personal trainer.

Homer Dome: I've been dropping hints all summer that I really, really, really want to get to one more Twins game this year while they're still in the Dome. Today I tackled hubby and sat on him until we agreed on a game. As result, we have tickets to next Friday's game ... and hubby has to go to the chiropractor in the morning. (Seriously, it was previously scheduled.)

Rule of Thumb: After hearing about my green-thumb mother's many blue ribbons for her house plants at the fair, I of black thumbness declared on Sunday that I was just going to have to part ways with the dried up hanging plant out front. Well it rained hard that night and, wouldn't you know it, when I went out for a run this morning, I was greeted with a beautiful red flower. I wonder if it will make it to garbage day (which is tomorrow). I really couldn't throw it out when it's trying to live on me.

Luck of the Draw: When I checked our Powerball tickets today and bought new ones, I found out we won last week! Well, 7 bucks anyway. It's a start. We've now decided that if we win the big jackpot this week, our first order of business will be getting a new screen door, then, says Daddy, we need to register son #2 at one of those expensive -- yet effective -- military schools. If we can get a 2-for-1 deal, he thinks we might as well sign up Carter, too. Wait a minute. Do we really need to be bargain shoppers when we're millionaires?!

I wonder how I'll live without Wal-Mart...

No comments: