Monday, August 31, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Since we are merely hours away from our baby's last year at Grant Elementary, I thought I'd turn the blog over to the new sixth-grader and let him share "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" (or the subject of his choosing)...

To all my viewers and readers:

I'm excited and scared to be a sixth-grader. I’m excited because I'm moving on with school and getting back together with my friends. I’m scared that I'm the oldest kid and everybody looks up to me.

I will be prepared even though I am just sitting on the couch with my mom watching the Vikings win (well at least that's what they're doing right now).

I just got done with Kidz Camp but it seems like a year ago that I just got out of school. I had fun this summer going to a Twins game and 2 Brewers games just recently. I also went to Noah's Ark in the Dells this summer with my friend. I spent most of the weekends of the summer watching my cousin Colin race.

Now I'm looking forward to signing up for basketball for school this year because I think that I can help the team. I want to be good like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and K.G. I've been shooting 84.3 percent of the time this summer.

This year I'll be going to bed at 8:45 (I have to make a deal with mom and dad) and getting up at 6:58 so it will feel like sleeping in. But once I hear the sound of my alarm I'll be going "U-u-ugh."

I got the newest football video game Madden NFL '10. That's fun and worth my birthday money. The Vikings always win (and that's without Favre).

Thanks for reading my first report of the school year!

Carter :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Carter - my young man - my how you have grown - not just physically, but into a strong, fun, confident, smart 6th grader. Have a great school year - keep reading and writing! I am glad to hear about your summer - sounds like lots of fun. Don't forgot about running to catch a glimpse of the big ship at Canal Park in Duluth.
I had a great summer too. Just finished up at the Grantsburg fair, going on the "Gee Whiz" with Rylee, and the tilt-a-whirl Twice. Not bad for one day for your 55 year young Aunt! Love ya kiddo - Aunt Romey

Anonymous said...

Carter- That was wonderful. You will possibly be an accomplished writer like your Mom & Dad. I know you will do well in school. You have quite the brain. Just watch out for those girls, they can distract you. Are you going to be in football? Best of luck with the basketball. Love- Auntie Lene