Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Nights

Nothing signals the definitive end of summer like a final trip to The Harbor.

The sad thing is this is only the second time we got to the popular waterfront bar and grill, located on the Waupaca Chain O' Lakes. And this comes the night before Carter's last day at Kidz Camp (already!) and one week before school starts (already!).

Where did summer go?!

It's probably a good thing we had some things to celebrate -- 2 co-workers moving onto new jobs -- or we might not have made it out there again.

The Harbor is just a neat place. It's right on the water so I like it. The Budweiser's cold so hubby likes it. And some (not all) of the "cool kids" from work hang out there so Carter likes that. (I sometimes think he's got more friends than I do.)

So Carter spent his time telling jokes (and learning a few) with the guys and playing some game where you try to swing a metal ring on a string onto a hook -- and count points or something. We had a hard time getting him out of there!

The weather had been if-y all evening with drizzle off and on. When we left, I was glad it stopped raining but the drive home was a nightmare. Fog, fog, fog! Very challenging and scary. Good thing I am a lifetime designated driver or we would still be making our way home!

Now it's late, way past our bed times and Carter keeps thinking about his new jokes so he doesn't forget them. I hope he doesn't volunteer to share them on his first day of school

So this drunk walks into a bar....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is probably the only joke I know, maybe Carter will like it!

"What's weirder than seeing a catfish?"

"Seeing a goldfish bowl!!"

I know, I know, but it's all I got! LJ#5