Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

There's a running joke in my family about our collective indecisiveness. There are times when my siblings and I will actually celebrate: "Hey, we made a decision!"

This can try the nerves when we try plan destinations for sister weekends, Christmas, etc. It's not that we can't commit to anything. I think it's just that we don't want to make anyone mad with our decision. We want to go with whatever makes the most people happy. So a conversation may go something like this:

Where do you want to go eat?
It doesn't matter to me.
Well what do you like to eat?
Oh anything's fine.
Is there any place you want to go?
Whatever everyone else wants to do is fine with me.

Take that conversation times 8 and you see the problem. But I will say that once a decision is made, we move forward. We don't come back 3 months later with a 180-degree decision that upsets the apple cart. We aren't that selfish.

In other words, there's no place for someone like Brett Favre in our family. (Or in my own household either!)

The news today that Favre has signed with the Vikings was not surprising. He has a track record now of announcing one decision but coming back later with an opposite one. Whatever's best for Brett Favre.

I've already mentioned that hubby purchased a Lions shirt -- one he thought (after last month's "I'm staying retired" announcement) he'd have to retire after a single wear. Not any more. Thank you, Brett Favre, for justifying Jim's purchase. We won't expect any more than that.

It goes without saying that a lot of people who know of our purple pride had a field day announcing this news to us today. A lot of them, though, were former Favre fans and were just as upset by this turn (or re-turn) of events.

How did I cope? What do you think?

I drowned my sorrows at Shivers on the way home. A Nestle Crunch Flurry did just the trick!

Until we got home and turned on the TV.

No comments: