Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Double Date

You can't beat a day that starts with a "date" at the chiropractor (hubby and I were both set straight at 7 a.m.) and ends with a dinner date with a girlfriend. Too bad there was that other stuff in the middle.

Actually it was a pretty good day. I think yesterday's Favre momentum petered out a bit -- or people were scared to bring it up again. That's fine by me. I didn't want to read or see any more about it. A few things caught my eye, though.

I'd have to say the best headline I saw (and yes, I'm jealous I didn't think of it) was: "The Ego Has Landed." I also saw a perfect editorial cartoon labeled "Cash for Clunker." So yes, I'm finding some reasons to smile and move on. (Right.)

After work, the guys dropped me off on the way home at a restaurant in Stevens Point, where my friend Becky met me at 6. Other than seeing each other occasionally during baseball season (back in June!) and despite the fact we only live a mile and a half away from each other, we haven't gotten together at all this summer.

So we made a point of having a Moms' Night Out -- with no hubbies either. We had a good meal and great conversation. I guess we could have picked up the phone a time or two, but for some reason, that doesn't happen. Of course then we wouldn't have felt compelled to make a dinner date and do some shopping (Target counts!). So I'm glad it worked out this way.

Got home and Carter was in bed already so I really had the night off. Now I've got MLB radio on and am listening to the Twins try to eek out a win versus Texas. Seems I have to be there in person for them to actually win. Maybe Carter and Jim are up for double date at the Dome!

No comments: