Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09-09-09

Those number-loving types -- I think they're called numerologists -- must have had a field day today on the 9th day of the 9th month of 2009.

09-09-09

Does that sound lucky to you? I would think if you're looking for some kind of financial windfall, the date 07-07-07 would appear luckier since it resembles a slot-machine jackpot (not that I have any experience with that). But hey, I won't turn down a winning lottery ticket tonight on 09-09-09!

While most of us don't consider ourselves suspicious to the level of a numbers freak, I bet each of us has a "lucky number" -- a go-to number -- we use when prompted to "pick a number" for something.

Hubby likes 17, which was worn by Boston Celtics great John Havlicek back in the '70s. I am partial to 28 since that is my birthdate. Carter also likes 28 (for now) but only because Adrian Peterson wears it. Just like his baseball team loyalty, he's pretty fickle with his numbers. And that's OK. We don't always have to stick with one lucky number.

I think 11 is lucky because that's how many years I've been a mother and, coincidentally, how many years my sisters and I have gotten together for out annual weekend escape.

I love 10 because that represents how many people are in my birth family. Mom, Dad and the 8 R's. And we're all still alive and well!

Not to jump on the Vegas bandwagon, but I do like 7, too, because that's how many years I've been married.

The number 6 is good for me as well. That's how many years I've been at my current place of employment. That's also the highest setting on my electric mattress pad. Between the 2 of them, that's 24/7 bliss, right?

Right. Maybe I better hope for some major niner-niner-niner luck in the Powerball tonight!

No comments: