Friday, September 25, 2009

Shivers

There are two definitions of Shivers. One -- my favorite -- is the ice cream shop in Iola. The other -- more applicable tonight -- is the twitching of the body after "chilling" out at a sometimes rainy high school football game. B-r-r-r.

Today was really dreary. We pretty much waited for the rain clouds to burst open at any time. Didn't happen at noon so I went running at lunch. Didn't happen at 3:30 so we left work to get home for Carter's soccer practice.

It did happen right before we had to drive him into town. I didn't know how hard-core his coach is this year, so I took him to the practice field just in case. Turns out, not so hard-core. Only one other kid there. No coach. No practice.

So we went to Family Video to get some flicks for a potentially chilly and rainy weekend.

When it looked like the rain was done (according to my professional interpretation of the radar), we decided to accompany hubby to his homecoming football game. Assumption (his alma mater) was playing Loyal. Both teams are just OK this year. It was back-and-forth scoring to begin with, then Loyal ran away with it. Assumption seemed to cut into their lead in the third quarter, but never got any closer than one touchdown difference. They lost 42-28, I believe.

I was paying attention, but -- after a constant breeze and occasional sprinkles -- I was getting chilled by the end. Still fun to watch. Honest. I love football!

Now if we could just get our cat trained to turn on my electric mattress pad about halftime, I'd be all set to catch up on some cozy sleep now. That's OK. Carter insists that we have to stay up late tonight in order to sleep in tomorrow. I can see how that seems logical. But only to someone who must have a good SpongeBob or iCarly re-run coming on at 10...

No comments: