Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The WILD Blue Yonder...

I'm heading out to my 11th annual Wild Women's Weekend (aka Sister Weekend). Doesn't seem right that we call it a "weekend" when I'm starting it on Wednesday! But I don't mind.

Actually my sister Rayna and I both get a "head start." She's flying from Texas and I'm meeting her at the airport in Minneapolis tonight. We'll stay at our sister Renell's in Hudson, then head up NORTH in the morning and hook up with the other 4 sisters later in the day.

Our destination this year is Park Rapids, Minnesota. It's up in "lake country," near Itasca State Park and the headwaters of the Mighty Mississippi.

Through some sister connections, we are staying in a friend's cabin on a lake (Potato Lake if you know the area). We heard from the owners this morning that there were dozens of loons on the lake. So, yes, it goes without saying that my sisters and I will fit right in!

Looking forward to some relaxation, good company, beautiful scenery and, according to the weather gods, warmth & sunshine! I guess I'm also taking a vacation from blogging unless I can get it to work through my very smart phone. I won't exert myself trying. This weekend is not about that!

The only "work" part is the prep and planning for the Opening Act my twin sister and I always do to kick off the weekend. We always end up winging it and are grateful our sisters love us unconditionally.

Stay tuned. There may be pictures. Maybe. Mostly we follow the overused motto: What happens at sister weekend, stays at sister weekend...

See ya next week if not before!

No comments: