Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Taking a Breather

One of our planned activities for our sister weekend revolved around a deck of cards that are, for lack of a better word, meditations. In this case, they'd probably fit right in with some yoga class because they were all about breathing.

Breathing and thinking, too.

We decided that whenever we needed a "breather," someone would pull their card out, read it and we'd all take a minute to concentrate on the word on the card and its message. For example, if the word was Flow, the message might be something like: "Breathe in the ability to go with the flow. Breathe our your need to control everything."

You get my drift.

To me, the entire weekend was a "breather." A total break from any stress or negativity related to work, motherhood, you name it. While I did think about all that -- at times -- I did my best to concentrate on relaxation and spending quality time with my sisters.

There's something so peaceful about being with people who "get you," who know all about you and your quirks and still love you unconditionally. I don't have to be someone I'm not or try to impress anyone. Not that I find myself doing that very often. I just feel a sense of ease knowing I don't have to.

It was a nice breather. I encourage you all to give it a try.

Breathe in... Breathe out... Breathe in... Breathe out...

No comments: