Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Change of Seasons

We're officially into autumn now. I wonder if that is what had me feeling under the weather today. It certainly wasn't something I ate. We had a great meal last night of steaks on the grill and baked potatoes (yes, completely baked this time in my magic potato bag!). Maybe my body can't handle such a great home-cooked meal!

Something's not right. My back has been hurting since I returned from my wild weekend. Perhaps I was too wild. More than likely, it was just too much time in a car. But worth it! Today I was feeling just plain ol' icky. Like I wasn't going to keep my food down. But I did and I got through work and am looking forward to some quiet couch time this evening.

I do hate to say goodbye to summer -- my favorite season (when I get to golf, that is). I like the fall, too, with its mild temperatures, brilliant colors and, typical of me, the return of Grey's Anatomy (2-hour premiere tomorrow night!) -- and our other shows on hiatus for the summer.

Besides our new-found love of Mad Men, Hubby and I like watching our Monday night comedy lineup together. But we each claim a TV on Thursday nights when both The Office and Grey's are on. I like The Office, too, but usually have to catch that online. Jim, on the other hand, has absolutely no desire to see (or hear about) what he missed on Grey's!

Too bad there's nothing on tonight. I really need to lay down. I guess I can always watch a movie. I'm sure Dirty Dancing is on somewhere... (sob, sob)

No comments: