Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

RIP Patrick: It wasn't until after I got done blogging last night that I found out Patrick Swayze had passed away. (I hate cancer!) I am pretty sad about this as I have had a strange connection to Johnny Castle/Sam Wheat/Orrie Main for some time now. Follow link HERE to a previous blog about it. I imagine by now he is teaching the angels to Dirty Dance! Rest in peace.

Working it: Work is just crazy busy for both Jim and me these days. I am working on tagging data again (which means nothing to the average bear) so I get anxious about seeing an end in sight. For this part, it's several, several days away, so I'll keep plugging away. Today I did take a a little bit longer lunch to run a "sister weekend" errand. I'm getting excited! Tomorrow I am working from home -- connecting to work from our computer to "tag" away. Then I'm headin' West!

Holy Homework, Batman! OK it's 9 o'clock and Carter just got done with homework. Seriously, he has been working on it since we got home. That's just too much. We didn't get to spend any time together on my last night home. Of course, I spent 90 minutes in town on errands anyway...

Last-Minute Mable: Honestly, parts of me felt really organized leading up to my annual Wild Women's Weekend. But I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Had to run into town to get some food stuffs I couldn't get any earlier. Then I wisely packed up the CR-V except for the coolers and my clothes (which I haven't begun to think about). I am not worried about getting it all together. My underlying fear is a bit more serious...

Back at It: I woke up Monday morning with a stiff neck and an inability to turn my head very far to the left. It has gotten only marginally better and right now my entire body feels like a train wreck. So good thing hubby and I see our chiropractor in the morning. Couple's therapy again -- too bad we can't get a 2-for-1 discount! I just hope he can fix it all before I drive 7 hours away. That won't be pretty. I'll make sure I have some ibuprofen or something with.

I'll just add it to the list that doesn't seem to stop growing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched Dirty Dancing last night! I couldn't resist and have to say I still love it! Hope you had a good WWW in Park Rapids!
Jules