Tuesday, September 29, 2009

School Night

It's not often we do something on a school night because, well, it's a school night (work night) and we have to get up early and all that. But when hubby asks you out on a rare date, you say "Yes!" no matter what night it is.

Jim and I went to the movie Extract, which looked funny because it is a work-place comedy by the same people who created Office Space. I think Jim wanted to see it because the preview showed a married man determined to get home each night before his wife changed into her comfy (chastity-belted) sweat pants. As someone who likes to slip into something comfortable after work myself, I tried to look past that story line!

Our hope during the day today was that the 6th-grader wouldn't have too much homework and muck up our plans. I pretty much determined that even if he did have a lot, he'd have to fend for himself. I was not missing my date (tough love, right?).

As it turned out, we're not the only ones who rarely have date nights on school nights. (Or the movie has a reputation we weren't aware of. Or the $17.50 for 2 tickets was too much sticker shock.) We actually had the theater to ourselves! Ooh-la-la!

The movie was OK -- not bad but not great. Only a few laugh out loud moments. But that's fine with me. It was time alone with my hubby, away from all the other drama life has to offer. And believe me, that's not always that entertaining either.

Thanks for the date, Jim!

No comments: