Sunday, September 27, 2009

To a T

Reasons Sundays (this one at least) fit me to a T...

Twelve: Miraculously, my sister, niece and I managed to pull off a surprise for Carter and my great-nephew Anthony, who turned 12 today. We met at the Kalahari indoor water park in Wisconsin Dells to celebrate. (Pictures and video will be coming.) It's tough to get away with taking pre-teens anywhere these days. They're all concerned us moms are taking them somewhere lame, you know.

Tubes: While the cousins and my sister floated around on their tubes and swished down the slick slides, I wisely refrained from risking any further back trauma this week. So I parked on a lounge couch in front of the boob tube. There was a bank of 4 TVs so I was able to watch the Packer game for my sister Renell and watch the score ticker for Viking highlights for the rest of us. Now that game would have exciting to watch. Next week outta be a good one!

Twins: I can't believe I've had to cheer on the White Sox this weekend. But I do thank them for their efforts in taming the Tigers enough to keep the Twins in the run for the Central Division title. This is going to be a fun week! I hope some network (a plea to ESPN) is nice enough to air it for us fans too far from Minnesota television coverage. Go Twins!

Tumbleweed: We are under a wind advisory in central Wisconsin. What does that mean exactly? Well for us, it meant the drive home from the Dells felt like I was in the middle of some sort of video game, dodging tumbleweed and leaves flying at the windshield like snowflakes in a snowstorm. Surreal experience. Glad we're home safely and the only "T" left today is Temperature -- as in, what a nice hubby I have to warm up my blanket for me before we got home. That suits me to a T, too!

No comments: