Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nice Recovery

I managed to make a nice recovery and improve my sports picks today. I even got a winning streak of 3 going! So, thankfully, hubby still loves me. That and I picked him up at the airport.

We both had concerns this morning about his travel. On his end it was cold and rainy and Chicago (his connection) had sort of sleety rain. On my end, we had snow and I passed an accident 5 minutes from home where 2 cars were in opposite ditches and 3 squad cars were on the scene. Not sure what happened there but it convinced me to take my sweet time getting to work.

Thankfully, by this afternoon the skies had cleared -- and so had the roads -- so Jim had a nice flight up from New Orleans. And I had no trouble getting to Mosinee.

As much as we missed him, Carter had to get to reading a book for school tonight and I had to pack up more scrap stuff, so Jim was on his own. Carter has a long way to go yet but I have everything I need packed. Now, tomorrow night I'll have to throw in the "extras" I might need. I'll worry about the clothes and sleeping bag type stuff on Friday morning. Gotta stretch this out, ya know. It's a process. Plus it helps build the excitement for my 8th year going!

OK, back to Jim. I'm excited he's home, too. Just a different kind of excitement that doesn't involve pictures, pages and tape runners.

Of course, I've lost control of the remote now...

No comments: