Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not Missing Much

It's funny how our "highlights of the day" sound when hubby and I are apart and talking on the phone.

What's new? Not much, really. Honest, you are not missing much.

In his absence, I was tasked with one thing. I had to keep making his "picks" in that ESPN Streak for Cash competition. I was doing this last year at this time. Participants log onto the Web site and pick a winner, say in hockey. When that game is done, they have a streak of 1 loss or 1 win. Then they can pick again. Let's say soccer is going on. The pick might not be just who wins but will there be 2 goals or less scored or 3 or more. All sorts of different scenarios. All day long. Every day.

It got too addicting and time consuming for me so I gave it up. Hubby's got an active wager going, though, for the month of February. All I had to do was get enough wins so he can maintain his lead over his friend. Well, unfortunately, the margin is shrinking. I have been right on about every other pick until today. Now I'm at a losing streak of 2 and really don't think I know enough about college hoops to pull off a win.

Oh well, he'll still come home to me. He has to. I'm the one driving from the airport!

In other "news," I'm still getting things ready for camp. The cat hasn't dared set foot in our bed without "Daddy" home. The computer is acting up. And our nephew Colin, the race car driver, got his driver's license! Now he can make right-hand turns, too! (That's a racing joke.)

That's about it. I was going to watch some Olympics. Saw the poor U.S. figure skater get a bloody nose, and now I'm not in the mood. Probably just read in bed and nod off.

I don't know why anyone would want to spend a few days in the Bayou with all this excitement going on here, do you?

No comments: