Sunday, February 14, 2010

True Love

Hey, Valentines: I hope you were able to spend the day (or at least connect) with loved ones. I feel blessed that I was able to!

But oh how quickly the day of "having no plans" flew by. Got to sleep in a bit. Carter and I went to late church because the Sunday School kids sang in the second service. That was nice.

We also learned a little bit about St. Valentine, whom most of us forget about on this special day of love. We are more inclined to think Cupid is St. Valentine instead of a man who loved God so much, he was more willing to die for Him than deny it. Now that is true love at its finest.

After lunch, I got to open Valentines with my true loves. Now, we don't normally consider this a gift exchange day. However, right after Christmas, hubby and I found out about a Web site where you can order just about any type of pro sports jersey for 20 bucks. We've had them hidden for awhile and figured we'd give them at Valentine's.

Unfortunately, hubby's Pete Rose jersey is on back order so I had to get him something else. I got to open my Joe Mauer jersey. Yes, I got flowers, too, so I am spoiled. But Carter wins the gold in that category. He got a KG Celtics jersey, a very cool black Adrian Peterson jersey (mine is on back order) and a PS2 game he wanted -- that I found cheap online (also right after Christmas).

So it was like Christmas all over again. Good thing I didn't have to be good to get it. Just had to share the love!

This afternoon, we let Daddy continue to mend from his cold and Carter and I went to open gym at the YMCA. We shot hoops awhile and then I wisely quit. Sadly, this old lady's back can only handle so much. I did get some more exercise, though, dribbling the ball around the court. I'd switch hands to work out both arms and, you just know I'm going to be regretting this tomorrow. Who cares, right? It's the first Sunday I've logged 10,000 steps!

When we got home, I attempted to make my mom's Tater Tot Casserole for the first time. Someone at work had something like that recently so I thought I should give it a try. I got the ingredients and gave it a whirl. You know me and cooking. We go together like rain and the winter Olympics. Not a good combo. But because my guys love me. They ate it and said "thanks for a good supper." Now that's true love!

As soon as supper was done, I started getting the symptoms of Jim's lovely cold. Nothing says love like giving germs! It hit so suddenly. I just hope it exits as quickly!

At least I had an excuse to sit on the couch and catch some of the winter games. I was actually excited for the Canadian to win a gold in the men's moguls. Crazy that they haven't won a gold as the host country. Good for them! Of course, I also got sucked into figure skating. (Who doesn't love a Russian skater named Smirnov? Yikes.)

Now, I need to grab a box of Kleenex and get some rest. It's a good thing we have tomorrow off. While I truly love my job, I truly love sleeping in even more! While that's not the kind of love that gives you flowers. It's right up there.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: