Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh, Canada!

We had a deceptively sunny day here in central Wisconsin. The kind that looks like it'll be a melter -- where the temps are warm, the snow melts, the roads clear. It looked like it.

Even Daddy opened the window for kitty to sunbathe a bit. In reality, though, it wasn't that warm. We still have plenty of snow. I was thinking we could be nice and send it to Vancouver to replace the rain -- and get things back on schedule. But why be selfish? I have friends in Texas, Georgia and out East who should have first dibs on getting rid of some of their "extra" white stuff!

Although I had quite the lazy day, I did not spend it all watching the Olympics. I'm sure that will happen, though, when the figure skating comes on. Yup, I'm all girl.

I caught some of the speedskating and short-track action tonight -- and will watch some more in a few minutes. Let me just say one thing. I'm not crushing on Apolo Anton Ohno like a lot of women are, but now I know why I like watching him. Tonight, seeing him come from the back of the pack and pass everyone to win a heat race. It sounds just like our nephew Colin, doesn't it? I guess I like all kinds of racing! It's thrilling to watch.

Speaking of racing... This is Daytona weekend to start another NASCAR season. I did not catch but 5 minutes of the race today so I missed Danica Patrick, since she (and a whole bunch of drivers) crashed out. I did see my man Tony Stewart win, though. Well not my man. I do like other drivers, too, and Danica, of course. Girl power!

So while we were avoiding Daddy's germs and not watching TV, Carter and I returned to the Scrap Cave. He worked on a 3-D project for school and I started getting stuff organized for Camp. I've got 2 weeks to get it together and I am more than halfway there, so that will not be a stressor. Plus, we have no concrete plans tomorrow and we have Monday off for Presidents' Day. This could be a productive weekend.

But I find that unlikely. Gotta go watch another race!

Oh, Canada...

No comments: