Sunday, March 21, 2010

Connections

We are back home again after a fun-filled weekend in Milwaukee.

Today's highlights included two exciting Round 2 games in the NCAA tourney. The key today was connections. If you weren't making your shots, the other team would find someone who could... and eventually walk away with the win.

In the first game, Ohio State did not have to much trouble with Georgia Tech. Their win seemed to come easily enough. In the second game, Xavier got out front first and Pitt never captured the lead. They were tied numerous times, which kept the game close and exciting -- even down to a last-second shot that could have sent the game into overtime (but didn't). Fun stuff.

The biggest highlight of the day actually came 2 blocks away from the Bradley Center at the Midwest Airlines Center, where I connected with my old college roommate who was there watching her daughter in a regional volleyball tournament.

Sue and I had not seen each other in 20 years and had just "found" each other again about a year ago or so. Since she lives somewhat near Milwaukee, I gave her the heads up 6 weeks ago that we would be in the fair city this weekend. As it turned out, she was going to be there, too, for her sixth-grader's games. How cool is that? We had a nice time reconnecting and plan to have our "clans" meet each other sometime soon!

We got home just before 10 p.m. and Carter was still up (naughty boy) to greet us. I guess he missed us -- or figured we probably brought something home for him (which we did, of course). Now we all have expensive NCAA tournament t-shirts. Yay!

OK, it's way past my bedtime and tomorrow work returns with its bracket discussions -- oh and "real" work, too, I'm sure. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow night!

Now it's time for my head to connect with my pillow...

No comments: