Saturday, March 27, 2010

Somewhere Out There

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight...

I feel like Fievel in the An American Tail movie from way back in the '80s, wondering where my favorite family member is! Didn't hear from Carter today, which we figured might happen on the "travel day," but still is tough to take.

Since I had no plans whatsoever today, I pretty much stuck close to home and to the phone just in case.

Jim had to go to work so I set about working at home on some spring cleaning. It wasn't really warm enough to have the windows open, but I opened them for awhile anyway just to get the fresh air circulating. After being out of town last weekend, it was nice to finally get to the dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and laundry -- plus getting to the bottom of the mail pile. I can see our kitchen counter now! I also hauled our winter boots and hats and snowpants to the basement. I know. It's still not "safe" to do that until May, but I was feeling spring-y.

Got a 3-mile run in. My left leg started bothering me a bit. I am going to be ticked if this turns into a pulled muscle like I had in my right leg this winter. Hopefully, it will be fine tomorrow.

I rested it -- and my body -- tonight on the couch. Hubby and I had a movie night. For something new, we watched The Air Up There. Not sure what all the buzz was about. Sort of depressing, if you ask me. For something vintage, we watched 48 Hours. I am probably the only person my age who never saw that movie, so hubby had to educate me! I liked it (of course).

Now it's almost 10 and we know that somewhere, out there, beneath the pale moon light, our baby is sleeping ... because he's in the Eastern time zone and it's waaaaay past his bedtime -- even on vacation!

So I'll just say a little prayer for him and hope to hear tomorrow night about his first fun day in Washington, D.C.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: