Monday, March 1, 2010

Crop Report

Ahhhh, I'm home again. I survived another scrapbooking weekend at Camp Crop-A-Lot. Had a fun time visiting with my twin and old friends -- and was just as productive as I hoped.

We had a record turnout this year -- 49 of us, including one male (the father of 2 of the consultants). Raylene made the 4-hour trek down while I had just a 40-mile drive for a change. (Just like going to work!)

It probably worked to my advantage to stay the extra day. That way, I could get some sleep on Friday and Saturday nights and not have to worry about "running out of time," so to speak. The weather was so gorgeous that Raylene and I even took time on Saturday afternoon to walk around the lake at the camp. That was about the extent of logging steps on my pedometer, that's for sure.

Most of the weekend found us sitting or standing over our books -- and definitely hunched over until we remembered to sit back and stretch. New this year has a massage therapist who offered nice 15-minute "chair massages" for a mere 10 bucks. Couldn't go wrong there. Raylene and I took advantage of that Saturday morning and then, Sunday evening, I got another one. There were a lot more kinks and knots to be worked out by then. (The price we pay!)

Raylene left on Sunday and I stayed along with about 8 or 9 others last night. I stayed up until 2 a.m. and got up way too early this morning to keep going. Jim called and said Carter was home sick so I finished up a few pages and packed up.

In the end, I got 58 pages done (a career high for me), which means the 2008 book is done (yay!) and I have a good start on 2009. Feel awesome about that.

Now I could use a nap. Maybe I'll lay down with Mr. Owie Tummy. After I get some laundry going. And unpack. ONLY what I have to!

No comments: