Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Going Green

Being 100% Scandi-hoovian, I don't have an ounce of Irish in me. But since I live with 2 Irishmen and my height resembles that of a tall leprechaun, I decided to go green like millions of other non-Irish (and Irish, naturally) who celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

I opted for some very unexciting olive green pants but did find myself wearing a button by the end of the day that said, "Get Lucky. Be Irish." Nice gift.

The only other way I "observed" the holiday was at lunch time. No, not corned beef and cabbage! I was getting my hair cut across the street from a DQ so how could I not treat myself to some Mint Oreo Blizzard action? While waiting in line, I noticed they even had a handful of Mint Oreo Blizzard CAKES for sale! Be proud of me. I resisted snatching one of those up -- but did buy a bag of Mint Chocolate Dilly Bars for the folks back at the office. (Crossing my fingers for leftovers, of course.)

Hubby wore a Celtics sweatshirt (quite appropriate) and Carter squeezed into an old St. Patrick's Day T-shirt he received a few years ago that said: "You're LUCKY I'm not your kid." We're hoping this increases our chances of finding our pot o' gold at the end of the Powerball rainbow tonight!

But just to go green one step further... Instead of driving both vehicles to the garage to drop the car off then have hubby drive me back home before heading into town for an NCAA Draft Party, I drove the Civic over and hoofed it back. Some of you may recall this garage is the one I thought was 3 miles away, but ran there only to discover, huffing and puffing, that it in fact is 4.3 miles away.

Knowing this, I still did it again. The good thing is that I was under no deadline to get home so I could run slowly or even walk awhile if I needed to. I did both of these but still made it home in 50 minutes so it was a good green experience.

Now Carter and I just have to fill out our brackets and wait for our winning lottery numbers to be drawn...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: