Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Seen on TV

And now some highlights from the NCAA tourney that you WON'T see on TV....

I was excited to be among the Tubby Town fans at the Bradley Center but dismayed when I realized my sweatshirt was older than some of the players!

Action from the first game, where Minnesota fell to Xavier. Just to irk me (maybe), Jim was cheering for Xavier and was doing the school fight song -- complete with actions -- quite well by the end of the weekend!

Nobody kicks it like a gopher!

Georgia Tech beat the Oklahoma State cowboys -- who had some cool orange school color. Since orange is my favorite color, I said to hubby, "We should send Carter there someday -- or Tennessee." He responds, "How about UW-Platteville? They're orange!" (Am thinking that wouldn't be the same!)

The skee ball-type setup at Koz's Mini Bowl. You can see our pin-setters in back.

Our smart scorekeepers Christine and Jim. No electronics here. They had to do old-school scoring -- and they knew how!!

Our friend Mike (a twice-decorated 300-game bowler in real life) shows off his usual form. Always end with a leg hop for good measure.

So many colorful shot puts to choose from!

I found one that matched my shirt (of course) and it was good for more strikes than I've ever managed in "real" bowling (probably lifetime combined)!

Mike and brother-in-law Craig (far right) pose with the local "celebrities" -- the guy who racked up a 300 game at Koz's (as his shirt attests) and his wife, who sported a Girl Scout beret. They are the only people I know who could sing along to every Yooper song on the juke box. Entertaining to be sure.

College roommates Sue and Robyn smile because we know we haven't aged a bit!

A blurry slam dunk picture. Hey, what do you expect from 357 rows up!

Ohio State shoots a free throw and keeps adding to their margin of victory Sunday.

I had to take a picture of one of the bands so Carter could see they have FIVE tuba players! Something to aspire to.

Xavier celebrates a last-second win ... and the end of our memorable weekend!

No comments: