Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March-ing to the Beat of our Own Drum

The month of March has undoubtedly ushered in a feeling of Spring -- and a return to "normal" in our household. (Our definition anyway.)

Now that Camp is done and the Olympics are over, I am trying to remember what I was doing with myself a month ago. Did I actually have free time?

Oh yeah, now it's coming back to me. Carter had just finished basketball, but our nephew Colin was still playing JV for Assumption. While I was "out," the regular high school boys basketball season also wrapped up. But it ain't over yet...

Last night was the first night of regional playoffs. We traveled down to Port Edwards to watch the Assumption boys play. What a game! We (as in Assumption) were down by 10 points at several points in the game but came back in the 3rd quarter to lead by 3 and kept it close in the 4th. With less than 10 seconds left, it was tied but we had the ball. Then, the unthinkable happened. Port stole it and went down for a basket. We fouled the guy and he made his free throw. So Port was leading 49-48 with 3.4 seconds left. We inbounded it and did the old half-court heave... but it didn't go in. How sad.

On the positive side, my Luck boys stomped over Weyerhaeuser, something like 84-30. Wow. That would be exciting if they could get down to state again. But one step at a time...

Also while was "out" I somehow lost track of my health and fitness regimen. It's a new month so never too late to start over (again), right? There's nothing like making up for lost time than trying a new workout. The one I did today was appropriately called "Insanity." I'm not kidding. I think it could also be called "Hell" and that would work, too. It seriously was insane and I am wondering what that first move in the morning is going to feel like... will I be able to sit up and get out of bed? And how about that walk to the shower? Hmm.. what was I just saying? Oh yeah, one step at a time...

I will say it will be nice for this next month -- until soccer then baseball starts. We'll have a little free time. I should be able sneak in at least one trip to the Golden Arches for a Shamrock Shake. And a friend just informed me Mint Oreo is the Blizzard of the month at DQ.

Ahhhh... one sip at a time...

No comments: