Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Gladness

I guess it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel... We squeak and moan about the awful weather long enough and Mother Nature finally gives in!

What a glorious, sunny, springy day today!

After church and Sunday school, Carter had a friend over for the afternoon. I made some lunch and was contemplating what project to tackle when I decided to step out on the front deck. Could it really be this warm out? Or is it just because I'm in long sleeves? No, I really think it is this warm out!

Needless to say, a project I did not tackle. Instead I changed into a tank top and sat out on a chair for a good half hour... soaking up every drop of sunshine I could! I was positioned just right to be out of the wind, so if I shut my eyes so I didn't see the melting snow banks, I would have thought it was a summer day. Love that!

I felt like I should do something. So I did my Jillian Shred workout then, to "cool down," went for a 2-mile walk while hubby the hard worker took the Christmas lights off the gutters. I should have felt guilty but didn't. I took my time on the walk, not knowing when I could do this in short sleeves again. (I thank Mother Nature for the nice day... but I don't trust her.)

Carter's friend left in the late afternoon and that front deck beckoned me again. Well, I just had like 20 pages to finish in the book I was reading. Why not do it outside, right?

I had just finished up when Jim was yelling through the screen about the bracket pairings. We have tickets to the first and second rounds in Milwaukee this coming weekend so we have an interest here. Unfortunately, the Badgers are not playing there, but I am very excited I'll get to cheer on the Golden Gophers all weekend!

I had to go dig up my old Gopher sweatshirt. I knew it was in one of two places and, sure enough, it was in the second. We will see 4 games on Friday, including one with Ohio State so there'll be more Big Ten action, and 2 games on Sunday. I was excited to go but now that I can actually cheer for someone, I'm really excited! Should be some great games.

I can see why they call it "March Madness." Between high school and college hoops, it's a crazy time. I love it.

... But not as much the sunshine!

No comments: