Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Thoughts

A person's mind focuses on the word weekend all day Friday and it becomes a challenge to think. But I do have some thoughts because my brain never stops (and my mouth sometimes doesn't, either)...

Spring Has Sprung: This is the third day in a row we've reached 40 degrees and it doesn't look like this warming trend is ending soon. Yay! Today I finally got out for a run at noon. It was beautiful out. The only ugly part is that once the snow melts, all the litter from winter is visible in the ditch. What I learned today on my trek on County J is that litterers on that route prefer Pepsi products and Miller Lite. Ugh. How hard is it to find a trash can?

Dangerous Commute: There was a nearly 40-car pileup this morning on Highway 41 on Wisconsin's "East Coast." What a scary time for morning commuters -- even those of us who don't take that particular road. Every day hubby and I travel nearly 100 miles going to and from work. It is always in the back of our minds that anything can happen. We are always mindful to be grateful, though, when it doesn't. Thank you, God for keeping us safe today.

Out with the Old; In with the New: With spring training games starting yesterday, baseball season is officially here. (I wore my new Mauer jersey today to commemorate it.) However, we still can't quite say goodbye to the old football season. Favre was on Leno last night and surprise, announced he hasn't decided what he's doing next season. Glad I didn't stay up for that. Today, Chester Taylor, the running back who alternated ball-carrying duties with Adrian Peterson, announced he's signed with the Bears. We'll miss him. He knew how to carry the ball -- and hang onto it.

Who Do You Think You Are: Tonight was the first night of a six-week TV series geared toward us genealogy geeks. Who Do You Think You Are? featured actress Sarah Jessica Parker's search for roots in America. Of course, she can afford to fly to all these different places and look things up in person (with lots of help), but it was inspiring to us family tree freaks who love to see a story come together. Now that my time-consuming camp is done, I need to get digging some more in my own roots. I'm excited to keep the momentum of new-found facts this winter going! Who do you think I am?

Excite-Mint: Everyone knows I love mint. I love ice cream. I love mint ice cream. Even my Schwan's man. Last night he informed me he still has the holiday Peppermint Stick ice cream left. I love that stuff. With two containers in my freezer still, I declined to buy more. But he says, "Well I'll check back with you in 2 weeks. We've got like 40 units left and you're the only one asking for them." Good lord! Do you think the freezer out in the garage can hold them all?!

No comments: